• Sat. Apr 20th, 2024

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service Respond To House Fire In Weymouth

Jake Brewer

ByJake Brewer

Apr 10, 2023
338722040 192425266882724 6083200179000180283 N

A house fire broke out on Portland Road in Weymouth on Easter Sunday, resulting in the death of four pets.

The fire was reported just after 2 pm on Easter Sunday and two fire crews from Weymouth fire station responded to the scene. According to Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service (DWFRS), the fire originated in the kitchen of the house and was accidental in nature.

The fire was extinguished using four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets. Unfortunately, the four pets found inside the house did not survive the fire. The DWFRS has concluded their investigation and determined that the fire was accidental.

This incident serves as a reminder to always be cautious in the kitchen and to have working smoke alarms installed in your home. Our thoughts go out to the owners of the pets and those affected by this unfortunate event.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *